19/09/2018

Todays Photoshop Project


Before trying to create an environment, first I did some research for object and areas that I could cut out and composite them all into my main picture to make it more vivid and creative.

Cut out:                                                                                                    Original:
                                                        
                                                                                                                                        



After cutting out same object and places I can finally cut myself and put myself inside one of the landscapes that I have decided to use as it fits quite well to my pose.



   
 So there is me cut out from the green screen using lasso tool to take out wost unwanted staff and then magic wand to get rid of the green screen completely but the problem is that the green screen is not going to the button under my shoes and hand so I had to use polygonal lasso tool to cut out the floor bit by bit.

However before cutting myself out first, I have adjust colours and tone of me using "Basic" tool to make it more realistic when pasted into a landscape.



I have moved down all the "Highlights" and "Whites" and moved up a little bit of "Shadows" to be able to see more details on my clothes, heir and skin also making it more natural to the environment that will be around me. After changing the tone I have then changed a little bit of colours so I will fit more to the landscape and terrain. Also Clarity was used to make more detail possible to see on me. "Vibrance" was used to create the picture more dull making all colours more grey, however thanks to "Saturation" it gives more colours as it controls dark and white colours making it at the same time more warmer without increasing the temperature.

When I decided to move on to the cutting out me, I didn't actually cut myself out but hide it using mask so I can return what I hided when done it wrong, people are calling it lossless conversion.


After setting colours, toning and cutting out I have noticed a problem where green screen did reflect from edges of all around me, so to solve this problem I have made new layer with "Hue/Saturation" options and lowered "Saturation" to make everything that I touch with brush tool into more greyish colour so there is no green around me.


My next step is to put myself into landscape and change the colours, tone and shadows around me to make all more realistic.









First layer is for a shadows all around the body and also a big shadow on the ground to make it more realistic. i have used mask for the shadow so I can erase some shadows without losing it and at the same time adding more dark to same places of a shadow. 
"Color Balance 1" is connected to my character  by making it more yellowish so it looks like the part of the rocks that are around him. 


I have used "Color Balance" just to change a little bit colours on me to fit in into environment; as you can see the most bars was moved to the yellow colour and green.











Because the picture is more sci-fi it's harder to put myself into the landscape so I decided to add few more thing to connect myself with the environment.


As you can see I have added quite few thing like glows and motion blur to my character; "Noise" and "Photo Filter" to the full picture to make it more like one.
















Thanks to the glow you can see my left hand and a head is glowing like its reflecting from the sun.
To get that effect I had to use two different types of glows:

One is Glow blurry and glow sharp that have smart filters with Gaussian blurs.
Blurry Glow is used for like outside blur and sharp one is for inside so for example it's no my hand and a little bit outside which is blurry glow.














As you can see I have also used smart filter for the "Noise" so I can change it any time I wish. 
The purpose of Smart Filter let me change the things even after saving and quitting the project.






I set it to 2.45% to make it possible to see but not too sharp so it doesn't . I ticked "Monochromic" because I have noticed it makes the noise much softer and better when looking at the picture.















On the end of this day my project looks like this:


Not finished but still some good job was there put in to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog